The TBM Business Analyst has good organization, planning, analysis, communications, and people skills. The TBM Business Analyst has full mastery of (1) Technology Business Management (TBM), (2) US Federal Government accounting and budget processes, (3) Capital Planning and Investment Control BY19 OMB guidance and ability to keep up with OMB’s changes in upcoming budget years.
1. Primary responsibility is to support TBM - interpret OMB guidance, apply guidance to client environment, perform diagnostic and analysis of client environment, recommend improvement alternatives, support client consensus and decision making, implement changes to budget formulation, budget execution, procurement, and capital planning processes and data coding to implement TBM
1a. Provide TBM support and expertise, perform technical discovery, document high-level requirements, and develop implementation guidance/recommendations;
1b. Facilitate working sessions and coordinate with a diverse set of stakeholders to refine the implementation plan and schedule;
1c. Gather high-level business and technical requirements and interface with Oracle developer and other technical resources to validate/refine them;
1d. Support mapping of Business Object Classification BOC codes across various client components and systems
1e. Participate in the federal-wide TBM CoP to identify best practices across the federal space, assess their viability at the client, and market client’s approach, tools, and successes
2. Other responsibilities may include:
2a. Support IT Investment Planning
2b. Support IT Governance and process improvement
2c. Provide analysis and reporting on portfolio data and metrics
2d. Support review and analysis of IT portfolio investments to identify common, best of breed, or redundant items for reuse or elimination
2e. Use Capital Planning Oracle Primavera system to conduct CPIC reviews and analyses
2f. Define requirements for automated workflow, dashboards, and reporting using Oracle Primavera, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Access, Excel, or other automation tools
2g. Plan and facilitate Federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) quarterly Integrated Data Collections (IDC) and other data calls
2h. Support IT Budget Data Calls (Spring, Fall, OMB Passback)
2i. Interface with Agency CIOs, Agency CPIC Administrator and Investment owners to assist in the development of the Business Case and the IT Portfolio Summary entry
2j. Maintain associated Policy, Process, and Procedures documentation.
2k. Facilitate monthly Project Status Reporting, for a group of projects (Budget, Schedule, Issues, Risks, Scope, Customer Satisfaction, Action Items).
2l. Coach team members in the accomplishment of task objectives.
2m. General meeting facilitation (preparation, note taking, follow-up)
2n. Support OMB300’s, Business Case development, Cost-Benefit Analysis, financial analysis
1. Experience with TBM, CPIC, IT Portfolio Management, and IT Governance
2. Structured problem solving
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple work streams, multi-task, and work well under tight deadlines
5. Self-starter with ability to perform and lead work independently
6. Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building successful partnerships with business and technical groups
7. Strong analytics skills – strong Excel skills and Database skills
8. Business Process Reengineering fundamentals
9. Ability to use multiple communication methods (written/visual) to work with all levels of staff
10. Data Calls, and/or Project/Task Management
11. Ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts/relationships, including senior-level managers and technical SMEs
1. Oracle Primavera Tool,
2.OMB MAX portal,
3. SharePoint process automation
4. MS Dynamics CRM
5. MS PowerBI
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. 5-10 years of professional experience.
3. MBA or equivalent degree a plus
4. Project Manager (PM) experience a plus
5. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.