BRMi, Inc seeks to hire a Business Development Manager to drive growth in our Federal Civilian portfolio. Experience with one or more of the following accounts is preferred:
• Department of Commerce
• Department of Agriculture (USDA)
• Department of Justice
The successful candidate will have a verifiable record of success in identifying, qualifying, and closing competitive opportunities in the federal digital services market. BRMi seeks a proven closer who is willing and able to “roll up their sleeves” in order to deliver expected results.
The BD Manager will contribute to account planning and will execute activities to identify, qualify, and close contracts to grow BRMi’s Federal Civilian business. The BD Manager will play a material role to develop a qualified pipeline and support capture activities, and in some cases may serve as the Capture Manager on select pursuits. The BD Manager will proactively develop and nurture relationships with key customers, stakeholders and influencers, and industry professionals in the Federal Civilian market.
This role provides a great opportunity to join a dynamic organization. BRMi offers a very attractive compensation package with upside for persons who can close contracts.
• 3-5+ years of experience performing business development or capture management activities as individual contributor for IT services / solutions (preferably within the Federal Civilan market)
• Ability to close business as demonstrated by a verifiable record of winning contracts totaling at least $30M in contract value in each of the past three years
• Understanding of the strategic priorities, budget, programs and initiatives of the Federal Civilian market
• Strong relationships with influential \ customers, stakeholders, and influencers within 1 or more of the aforementioned accounts, with demonstrated ability to develop and nurture new customer relationships
• Strong relationships with industry professionals within the large business and small business contractor community,
• In-depth knowledge of competitors and existing contracts within the Federal Civilian market
• Direct experience in building a 12-24 month pipeline of qualified opportunities and winning competitive contracts
• Experience and knowledge of relevant IT services/solutions to include: Agile Software Engineering, System Modernization and O&M, IT Strategy and Architecture, Cloud and Mobile Solutions, Digital Services, IT Infrastructure Engineering and Support, and Program Management Support
• Highly proficient in structured Business Development, Capture, and Proposal processes
• In-depth knowledge of Federal acquisition life-cycle and associated regulations
• Ability to make sound business decisions and use appropriate judgment
• Self-initiator with ability to work independently
• Strong relationship building and verbal/written communication skills
• US Citizenship Required with ability to obtain Secret level clearance
Bachelor's Degree in Business or Information Technology or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.