BRMi is a small, growing IT Services firm that focuses on mission services to government agencies and is committed to continuously improving and innovating to deliver the best outcomes for its clients. BRMi prides itself on its collaborative work environment where sharing expertise and actively nurturing positive working relationships is an everyday occurrence.
This role is in support of a federal agency to provide Business Intelligence (BI) lifecycle support services for a recently implemented Data Management and Reporting Solution (DMRS). The BI services include all the developed application code and configurations that are used to extend the DMRS tools for dashboards (Qlikview), reports (SSRS), data warehouse (Oracle relational database), Extract/Transform/Load processing (Ab Initio), data extracts and interfaces, and custom web applications (Java, .net). BI services also include the business process integrations (Ab Initio) with partner systems (including an Oracle ERP system).
• Responsible for the DMRS data models
• Support data modeling changes (using Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler) necessary for keeping the data warehouse synchronized with the source ERP and other systems to reflect new and modified entities and data elements
• Develop the business vocabulary to support dimensional reporting and tracking of historical trends
• Develop the Operational Data Store (ODS) and Information Delivery Layer (IDL) models by reviewing business requirements, existing reports and dashboards, and data stores to develop meaningful datasets for consumption by DMRS dashboards and reports
• Model mappings between physical data stores and the logical data models
• Define and maintain metadata, including data definitions, people and data stewardship roles, data validation rules, and valid values
• Collect and maintain metadata in DMRS data repositories, including the Oracle SQL Developer repository, the Ab Initio Metadata Driven Warehouse (MDW), and the Ab Initio Metadata HUB
• Proven expertise in developing and maintaining both logical and physical data models for a data warehouse using best practices for (1) a normalized Operational Data Store (ODS Layer) and (2) a dimensionally-modeled Information Delivery Layer (IDL Layer).
• Extensive conceptual data modeling experience
• Extensive metadata management experience
• Extensive data analysis experience, including in Oracle data environments
• Experience with the Oracle SQL Developer modeling tool
• 6-years related experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Evidence of strong collaboration between teammates, clients, and other contractors
• Experience working within a federal government environment
• Experience with the Ab Initio ETL tool
• Bachelor’s degree
• U.S. Citizen, Secret cleared (Interim acceptable)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.