Under general supervision, the Senior Business Analyst will support a DHS component’s Mission Support office responsible for several large projects. The candidate is expected to support clients by establishing project strategy, collecting and assessing project data, leveraging project data to facilitate data-driven decision-making, and effectively communicating project progress to all stakeholder groups, including executive management. Candidate will be responsible to quickly and effectively respond to client needs. Travel may be required.
As a senior business analyst, the candidate will be responsible to:
- Build and maintain effective, trusted advisor relationships with clients,
- Draft and edit work products including strategic plans for short-term program initiatives, content for communication deliverables, and content for SharePoint collaboration,
- Write briefs for senior CBP leadership, Congressional offices, and industry associations regarding the program,
- Prepare and edit PowerPoint decks for presentations on project activities,
- Organize and facilitate outreach activities and interviews with key stakeholders,
- Create and edit SharePoint pages and provide feedback on layout and visual design elements,
- Attend project status meetings with project sponsor and client executives.
Across work products and project areas, the candidate will generally be expected to:
- Review deliverables for content, alignment to client scope, adherence to best practices and standards, and readability,
- Understand and interpret client needs and requests,
- Support clients in development, communication, and execution of the program’s strategy,
- Perform tasks on time and with high level of attention to detail,
- Engage in regular and sustained client interaction, encompassing both formal presentations and routine conversation, with excellence and professionalism in written and oral communication,
- Report weekly and monthly status, and attend regular status meetings.
5+ years of experience in management consulting or business advisory services
- Self-starter with a great deal of initiative and willingness to contribute to a small business
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and MS Visio)
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass government Public Trust clearance (Secret or higher)
- Must have Bachelor's degree
- Experience in federal government sector (desirable)
- Experience with SharePoint