Our firm is in need of an entrepreneurial business intelligence analyst/developer to join our growing business analytics team. We are looking for an experienced BI professional with expertise specifically with Tableau, to supporting increasing requirements with this tool. The successful applicant will have a broader base of BI experience both as an analyst to elicit requirements and a developer to normalize and cleanse datasets, configure and customize dashboards, develop reports, and design creative visualizations.
1. Work with stakeholders, across our client's PMO organization to provide business-critical data, metrics and reports
2. Facilitate design sessions through workshops and frequent prototyping to elicit requirements and demonstrate progress.
3. Define data requirements, including normalized data definitions, data currency, and source systems.
4. Build dashboards using efficient data querying techniques and employing the Tableau tool for data visualization
4. Present insights and findings in front of stakeholders and leaders of the organization.
5. Provide data for ad hoc requests, answer questions about the team's dashboards, tables, and lead training for users.
6. Support quick turn-around demonstrations and prototypes for company business development efforts.
7. Set-up BRMi prototype environment, demo-data, written script, and briefing to support company business development efforts.
1. Structured problem solving using complex data
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. Self-starter with ability to perform and lead work independently
4. Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building successful partnerships with business and technical groups
5. Proven success in developing requirements for BI solution through a structured and collaborative process.
6. Working proficiency with complex data from multiple data sources and building dashboards.
7. Demonstrated ability to understand new datasets and data structures.
8. BI knowledge on data analysis, reporting and strong SQL knowledge.
9. Experience implementing a project using an agile methodology.
10. Expertise in Tableau as demonstrated through successful implementation of complex requirements.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. 3-years related experience
3. U.S. Citizenship is required
4. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
1. Experience working within a PMO to apply Tableau visualizations
2. Experience using other BI tools such as MS Power BI, SharePoint Reporting Services, QlikView, Pentaho, BIRT.
3. Technical background to support more advanced data manipulation.
4. Tableau certification
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.