BRMi is looking for an outcome-oriented Program Manager with a growth mindset to manage an expanding federal program. The program supports a department-wide information resource management center (IRMC) responsible for portfolio management, architecture, and governance activities. The program manager regularly supports executive level initiatives while managing the operational aspects of the program. The ideal candidate will be a multi-disciplinary individual with a track record of excellent customer delivery and a desire to actively support account growth.
* Provide strategic planning, scheduling, quality management, customer satisfaction, and risk management for the BRMi contract managing to BRMi’s CMMi compliant operational processes
* Manage program profitability and contract actions
* Leadership and task management for team of 6-10 team members, including setting vision, performance management, mentoring, and career-coaching individuals
* Lead program organic growth activities; support account growth activities such as supporting task order responses, capture decks, and leading discussions with BRMI leadership on opportunities
* Support GS15 and SES level clients to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to advance the program objectives
* Seek ways to support President’s Management Agenda (PMA) initiatives such as Technology Business Management (TBM), Centers of Excellence (COEs), FITARA
* Work with team leads to:
o Manage Enterprise Architecture division strategic initiatives where current priorities are Application Rationalization, EA Repository and data collection, and Business Capability definition.
o Manage Portfolio Management division strategic initiatives where current priorities are TBM strategy and implementation, IT Governance integration improvements, Portfolio Review and CIO Rating process and criteria improvements, Agile Methodology updates, PMA and departmental policy and procedure updates
o Manage operational aspects of CPIC support to include major/non-major CIO rating updates and submissions, Budget Passback, Business Case review, SharePoint administration
o Facilitate on-going IRMC activities including data calls, governance process definition, integration of processes, facilitation of IPTs and interagency councils, communications and briefings
* 10+ years of related experience
* Experience in managing Portfolio Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Governance programs in alignment with all role responsibilities mentioned above
* Experience working within the federal sector
* Proven experience in tangible delivery success
* Experience managing teams of 10+ team members including subcontractors
* Experience managing federal contracts, subcontractor management, contract profitability, and proactive risk management
Technical and Analytical Capability
* Excellent capability in development of executive briefings, strategic recommendations, and roadmaps
* Process improvement background to encourage continuous process improvement and operational efficiencies
* Prior hands-on experience in the IT Investment lifecycle (Portfolio Mgmt, EA, Governance)
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple work streams, multi-task, and work well under tight deadlines.
* Excellent critical analysis competency with the ability to breakdown abstract objectives into actionable insights or initiatives
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to develop effective and visually appealing executive briefings
* Ability to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including GS 12 through SES level
Initiative and Growth
* Self-starter with ability to perform, manage, and lead work independently
* Desire to work to grow and account through sales and proposal development. Ideally, have experience in organic growth of an account
* Ability identify additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
Education and Certifications
* Bachelor’s degree
* PMP certification
* Experience working at USDA
* Applying agile methodologies and techniques
* Design and developing data visualizations
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.