This engagement is to support a Department level Enterprise Architecture Program. The Program provides the architecture planning and governance that drives business process improvement and aligns investment decisions and program efforts with the Department's missions and strategic goals. The engagement provides a cross-enterprise perspective that helps unify efforts, improve mission effectiveness, and improve overall efficiency of Information Technology (IT).
The Enterprise Architect is part of a team of Enterprise and Solution Architects that provide expertise on assigned projects and working groups. This position acts as an advisor to projects and team members to help them identify unique service areas that define the mission or purpose of DHS. They may be business services that include the foundational mechanisms and back office services used to achieve the purpose of the agency – Human Resources, for example. They may be common or shared IT services that support core mission areas and business services – Information Governance, for example. The enterprise architect will work with sponsors to create a framework to analyze and solve business issues that result from common architecture misalignments.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, training, white papers, and briefings as required
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings to reach common goals and objectives
- Harmonize input and feedback across Agency to support enterprise level efforts
- Provide Technology Architecture strategy support, change management, and communications development and execution
- Provide architectural analysis and advice to an Enterprise Architecture team, through supporting plans and processes for client and project activities, meeting facilitation, and executing based on project timelines and deliverables
- Design and prepare technical reports, studies, and related documentation, develop charts and graphs to record results and report on client architectural activities
- Support efforts to create comprehensive methods for describing current and/or future architectures, interrelationships, and organizational processes
- Analyze enterprise architecture data, identify gaps, and make recommendations.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.