This project is to mature an existing small federal agency PMO. The PMO maintains and enhances the program and project management methodologies, processes, tools, and reporting for all application development projects. This already established PMO has a strong foundation set-up and is working toward stage of maturity by institutionalizing and adoption of agile practices, consistent reporting, and practical support to projects.
The PMO Analyst will support an agency-wide Program Management Office (PMO) across several areas including project and system development lifecycle refinements (for both waterfall and agile practices), performance metrics collection and reporting, communications support, meeting facilitation and support, and tools support.
The ideal candidate is versatile and adaptable with great oral communication skills.
Under the direction of senior staff, responsibilities will be for hands-on support of
* project planning (using MS-Project Online and MS-Project Professional)
* data gathering
* requirements gathering from various sources and documents requirements in lists, use cases, use stories, or process maps
* status reporting (using Tableau or MS-PowerBI)
* graphics and briefings
* project management tools support (using MS-Project Online, Jira, and other similar tools)
* Minimum 1 year of related experience
* Meeting facilitation and support, status reporting, and briefing development
* Participation in a project team that followed a structured project management methodology (e.g. project planning, regular schedule and resource updates, weekly status meetings and reports)
* Proven ability to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders
* Excellent critical analysis competency with the ability to breakdown abstract objectives into actionable insights or initiatives
Initiative and Growth
* Self-starter with ability to perform, manage, and lead work independently
* Desire to work to grow skills and knowledge
Education and Certifications
* Bachelor’s degree
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.