BRMi Technology is seeking an Systems Engineer to support a large client and their System Management & Controls Business unit. The selected candidate will serve as a technical subject matter expert for support of digital banking systems and Cloud enabled products, providing moderately complex operational support to the organization. Function as Systems Engineer who knows how hardware and software components fit together and integrate with Cloud-based resources and on-prem environments. Ensure operational stability, efficiency, asset management, change control, performance management, metric development, security/risk, and integrity of systems. Provide operational support input related to application analysis, code review, design, and programming functions.
Click here to learn about BRMi's culture.
Click here to see BRMi’s Glassdoor reviews
• Provide comprehensive day-to-day operational support
• Oversee and coordinate recovery operations in the event of operational failure
• Recommend, develop, and maintain complete and accurate documentation for supported environments
• Lead and coordinate availability and performance monitoring activities and execution of scheduled maintenance activities
• Serve as a subject matter expert in the migration of on-premise applications into a cloud-based environments honed to multiple data-centers
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting
• Perform analysis of applications and enhancements for process improvement or re-engineering
• Coordinate, document and evaluate unit testing for software defects – Assist in Leading
• Ensure compliance with our client's ISD standards, practices and processes
• Initiate and prioritize multiple activities for assigned support area for completion of functions
• Perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve recurring technical problems
• Coordinate integration of solutions with existing applications; identify and resolve existing and potential conflicts to ensure compatibility
• Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
• Build and maintain effective relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Experience supporting hosted and/or Cloud solutions for applications that are used in digital banking, such as chat, email, marketing communications platforms, etc.
• Working knowledge of development and/or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc.
• Experience in Information Technology operations performance, reliability, and availability metrics
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
• Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Effective skill interacting with staff, management, stakeholders and vendors diplomatically and tactfully
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
• Strong awareness and participation in Change, Incident, and Problem Management, as well as solution specific Request Fulfillment and appropriate escalation as needed
• Strong familiarity with Vulnerability remediation, maintenance and patches on/off cycle; responsible for team's response, analysis and exceptions to InfoSec scans while adhering to patch vulnerability deployment standards
• Strong deployment and process automation skills, scripting background, familiarity with CI/CD tools, including test environment support and frequent release cycles
• Advanced experience with system support Events, Logging, Monitoring, Alerting and Escalation using tools like ServiceNow, Moogsoft, Splunk integrated with Azure Cloud
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
• Working knowledge of banking/financial industry standards and practices
• Background with applications such as Oracle RightNow, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or other Marketing Automation Systems
** BRMi will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.**
**This is a W2 opportunity only**
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.