• The ServiceNow Administrator is responsible for the technical specification and implementation of ServiceNow Security Operations (SecOps) features.
• The ServiceNow Administrator prepares ServiceNow update sets, participates in formal testing in multiple environments and support promotion to production.
• Works closely with Product Owners, Developers and Customers, as necessary, to identify technical and process solutions.
• Participates in change control activities to formally implement solutions to production
• Coordinate with ServiceNow team to perform system upgrades, as necessary.
• The ServiceNow Administrator participate in design and development of system interfaces as necessary to ensure security data and alerts business rules and data quality are implemented and maintained.
• Ability to provide ServiceNow configuration including but not limited to scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module configuration, data imports and third-part software integration.
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or business administration, or related field
• Service Now System Administrator Certification
• Service Now Security Operations (SecOps) Certification
• 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in IT Operational role, executing strategic security automation or asset management processes successfully leveraging Service Now
• Strong knowledge of ServiceNow Security Operations (SecOps) Modules
• Strong knowledge of the SOAR lifecycle
• Policy/processes documentation experience
• Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Strong communication skills, ability to articulate ideas and concepts clearly and professionally
• Experience with Service Now SecOps and building SOAR workflows, including demonstrable experience building custom REST API and PowerShell actions in Integration Hub and Workflow Editor.
• Experience shipping REST API Actions via an Integration Hub Spoke ServiceNow App a plus.
• Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end security solutions.
• Experience with SIEM, Case Management and Threat Intelligence solutions and technologies preferred
• Security Operations experience is a plus.
• GCIA, CISSP, and/or DevOps certifications preferred.
** BRMi will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.**
**This is a W2 opportunity only**
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and commitment at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.